Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Past Week In Summation

Not being able to write decent blog posts due to bad time management, given the time now I'd like to give some sort of wrap up to my week because this is my blog and I do what I want, ya know.

Exactly a week ago I found myself coming home from CES after staying up to the last-minute of our Venetian Suite's checkout time, then getting home to do a lot of nothing except a bunch of Natural Selection 2 and a lot of sleeping. Commanding in Natural Selection 2 feels so good, especially on the Aliens side of things because it's so easy if you have even a moderately decent team to work with. I like commanding on Marines as well, but only when my Marines can shoot worth a damn.

The next few days returned to normalcy pretty quickly, with the added nicety of being able to work on documentation for a project I'm excited about. Can't discuss this very much though.

Thursday though was my first day of teaching Game Engine Scripting over at the Art Institute of North Hollywood, so that was cool. Have 9 students this time who seem somewhat eager to learn. If my students have anything worth sharing then you'll see their work here on my blog, otherwise I'm not going to report too much about my class. I am making video tutorials that go along with my class however, and you might start seeing a few of them this week. Basically the plan is to remake all the tutorials already available on my site, but better, and more dense and modular.

Friday was another big push for project documentation at work. Nothing too special.

During I did a lot more Natural Selection 2, even a little Blacklight Retribution, but I went back to developing the new incarnation of what will be the next ForecourseUI, as well as some other stuff I experimented with. Sundays are the same as Saturdays to me, my sleep schedule doesn't really allow me to define a specific chunk of the weekend.

Monday I finished up an internal milestone on schedule for our project documentation. Meeting deadlines always feels good.

Tuesday and Wednesday (the day of this post) I've shifted over back to Rekoil, working on some bug fixes, some feature additions, some UI layout, just things in general. Trying to get Search and Destroy out to the beta players as soon as possible. Also still toying around with my NeuroSky Mindset but at the moment it still is just a toy.

Hoping to get my blog design up tonight or tomorrow morning, would be quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment