Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How to Make Bad-Ass Sexy Leather Part 1

So folks, this video pertains to leather. Painting leather, especially different types of leather, can be difficult and confusing. To make it easier for you humans to master, I have a two-parter to help fellow artists learn ways to create a nice leather look. In this video I cover sexy shiny leather. Cat Woman's tight fitting, very snug leather suite might come to mind. The soon to come 2nd leather video will be a way to do a flat leather.

These styles of painting can also be crossed over into texturing characters, or even prop models, so give this video a go even if you'r not a 2D artist.

All of the ways of painting that I suggest in my tutorials are techniques that I go by,  but you might find a way that works better for you, and by all means go for it. It's about the final piece being AWESOME, not necessarily how you got there. As Tim Gunn says, "Make it work".

 [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWw5AJgfx4?hd=1&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment