So if there was any way to build a level fast and efficient its some modular building. I suggest if there are any of you artists out there that love environmental building, look into this because you will instantly make a level designer your best friend. Here below are a few pieces I modeled & textured out, with this set I can make hallways all day, throw in some rooms and clutter... Waala! You have yourself a pretty decent level to go around go play, tweak, and then refine.
If you are going to try to start making some modular pieces here are some tips:
- ALWAYS stick to the grid, make sure everything will snap just right.
-Try to work within the a power of 2 (specifically 256 or 512 sizes) .
Everything has to be extremely precise, otherwise it will end up not fitting correctly when you import it into your favorite editor. But once done right, can be super powerful. One good read about modular pieces is this. I will update the hallway above, maybe even with some game-play!
No comments:
Post a Comment